Friday 6 December 2019

My KIR Foundation story: The Resource Centre



According to the article published by AllAfrica.com “No fewer than one million students seeking admission through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), every year have failed to get slots in tertiary institutions in Nigeria as the system cannot admit more than 600,000 in any given year.” Because of this, most students write JAMB multiple times.


I was no exception; my name is Cornerstone Wisdom and I wrote JAMB last year (2018) scoring 207 hoping to get admission into River State University of Science and Technology but did not get in and decided to try again this year.


I started preparations for my JAMB but I did not have the materials needed to study effectively for the exams.
I discovered Keeping It Real (KIR) Foundation in February 2019 and began using the resources (CBT (Computer Based Test) simulators, Past Questions and Textbooks) provided by its Resource Room to help prepare me for my upcoming exams. I sat for my exams and scored 237 in JAMB.
The cut-off mark to study Electrical Engineering at Rivers State University of Science and Technology was 180. I was glad because I passed their cutoff mark and qualified to write their Post Utme. I sat for my post Utme, met the Cutoff mark of the University, and recently got admission to study and get my Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
In September, I joined the Games Club; there I learnt how to play Scrabble. I learnt new words when playing scrabble and it has helped in building my vocabulary.
KIR Foundation has inspired change through learning in my life by giving me access to books, games and educational materials that have helped me to further my education and improve my creative and critical thinking ability.
Thank you very much for giving me and other youths out there learning opportunities.

Keeping It Real (KIR) Foundation

Author & Editor

Keeping Real(KIR) Foundation is a non-profit, social impact organization that is learning-oriented, disability-inclusive and youth-centric. Since 2011 KIR Foundation has reached almost 40,000 people and donated 31,907 books in 21 States, Abuja and Ghana by inspiring change through learning. Send us an email: Info@kirfoundation.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment